Government Tips on Shopping Long Term Care Insurance
Buying long term care insurance can have dizzying array of options. Remember, focus on the basics of long term care insurance policies. Here is a very nice article from the Federal Government’s website that gives you a few tips and the basic things to know:
“Unlike traditional health insurance, long-term care insurance is designed to cover long-term services and supports, including personal and custodial care in a variety of settings such as your home, a community organization, or other facility.
Long-term care insurance policies reimburse policyholders a daily amount (up to a pre-selected limit) for services to assist them with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, or eating. You can select a range of care options and benefits that allow you to get the services you need, where you need them.” From LongTermCare.gov
Other links about buying Long Term Care Insurance
- FAQ’s for Buying Long Term Care Insurance
- Why Do I Need A Long Term Care Insurance Policy?
- Buy Young
- Hybrid vs Traditional Long Term Care Policies
- How Do I Pick A Long Term Care Insurance Carrier?
- Consequences Ahead
- It Ain’t Your Grandma’s Medicaid
- Affordable Health Care Act vs Long Term Care Insurance
- Federal Veteran Benefits for Long Term Care
- State VA Benefits for Long Term Care